Sunday, December 20, 2009

Counting our blessings....

This was the sight that I drove up to yesterday...after receiving a call from Dustin ( Dallas' brother) telling me that Dallas was ok but had gotten in a roll over accident. As I was in a rush to get up there and see him...that 15 minutes seem to be the longest ever....I couldn't help but think all the "what ifs" and how freaking lucky we are that ever one walked way with only sore bodies!



Dallas and his friends Nick and Cody (Cody was the driver) went hunting early yesterday morning. After coming back desided to go to lunch. After leaving lunch heading south on 7th east in the left lane, noticed a car heading north drifting over towards them...there was no time to do anything. Dallas said all they could do is yell "Oh SHI...."! Both cars going about 40 forced the jeep to roll and hit another car...were the car that hit them also went long and hit another car. There were 4 cars total in the accident caused by an 86 year old man that had blacked out while driving!

We a sure counting our blessings today! I'm so glad that Dallas always makes sure to kiss me and the girls everytime he leaves! We love you!

The 3 of them after they flipped the Jeep back over!

4 comments:

BAWC said...

they really are blessed! thank god for that one.

Bart Barton said...

That is so crazy and gave me the chills...I am so glad everything turned out!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Holy Crap that is so freakin crazy. I would probablly die of a heart attack if someone called and told me that. I am so happy that everything is ok, and that he still gets to be with you and the girls every day. Life can change way too fast.

Frame by Frame said...

The pictures even make me cry! I think God knew we couldn't take any more right now........ Or ever!