Friday, September 11, 2009

September Eleventh

This year I took the girls over to that Sandy City Hall to show them the flags. I told Aspen what they ment and what had happend 8 years ago today. Although I think she had no idea what I was saying, she took it all in and said" that so sad, hu mama." I can't believe that it's been 8 years. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in the car on my way to school and I kept on hearing people talking about the planes crashing in New York on the radio. I didn't really understand what they were talking about until my first period that day at school. It seems like that day went in slow motion.

So even though Aspen might be a little to young to understand what 9-11 means. She has now had her first american history lesson, given by mommy!



2 comments:

Breklyn said...

Those pictures are amazing, you're quite the photographer mama! Love Irelynn in that blue dress and the flags...priceless. LOVE IT!

PLEASE email me the naked water pics and I'll send you mine.
breklynsteed@hotmail.com

BAWC said...

how cool jess. i love the idea and the pictures of the girls are the cutest. i also remember it so clearly, i can't believe it has been 8 years either.